[i18n] Danish translation problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jul 25 01:18:23 PDT 2003

Zitat von Birthe Randrup <randrup at ruc.dk>:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm working on an alternative Danish translation of IMP which we will
> use at Roskilde University in Denmark, but when I compile, I get the
> following  error (see also below):
>
> Warning: the Horde PO file for the locale da_DK does not exist:
> /po/da_DK.po
>
> The file da_DK.po is there, in the right directory eg. ../horde/imp/po/
> Do you have any idea as to what could be my problem?

Yes, the *Horde* PO file is missing, not the IMP one. You need one in
horde/po/ that contains all messages common to the whole Horde framework
(see below).

> I also have three buttons which are not translated in the Options window
> --from the horde/po/da_DK.po file
>
> msgid "Return to Options"
> msgstr "Tilbage til Indstillinger"
>
> msgid "Save Options"
> msgstr "Gem indstillinger"
>
> msgid "Undo Changes"
> msgstr "Fortryd Êndringer"
>
> I don't know if there is a connection between the two...

Yes, there is. These strings happen to be in Horde code not in IMP code.
Thus if you only translate IMP but not Horde, you won't see these
translated in the UI.