[i18n] Horde IMP in Japanese

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Jul 26 12:35:40 PDT 2003

Quoting Thomas Maadie <thomas at e-interwave.com>:

> Thank you Eric.
>
> OK, so CVS/HEAD is a test version.  And there are no
> ISP's yet which can handle Japanese e-mail in IMP.

I prefere to call it a development version, but otherwise yes.

> I really would like to have a test environment for testing
> IMP's Japanese capabilities.

Sounds great.

> As demonstrated by Jan yesterday, the CVS/HEAD version
> should already support Japanese e-mail.  All I need to do
> is, perhaps, perform extensive testing,
> and report my findings on this i18n mailing list.

Yes, and maybe write some docs also, if needed.

> But I do NOT have a server where I can install
> the CVS/HEAD version of IMP.

That's a bummer.  Note that you don't need a server class machine, just
a machine on the internet.  So you could install it on your average
internet connected windows 2K machine, or linux machine, or whatever.

> Can the Horde project team create a test account on
> their server based on the current CVS/HEAD version?

There are two demo sites, one of which is the stable version and the other
of which is CVS HEAD.  I'm not sure if it is updated often or not, but I bet
if we ask we can get it updated if needed.  See http://www.horde.org/demo/

> Or can anyone else provide such a test account for me instead.

Probably people would volunteer, if the above demo site isn't sufficient.

> I would like to use it exclusively for testing Japanese
> e-mail on the CVS/HEAD version.
> I will need the URL, username, and password sent
> to me privately.  I will provide all test results and any
> missing translations (if any) to this i18n mailing list.

That would be great!  Try the demo site first, if that doesn't work, post
another message for an account on someone's server.

> Thank you very much.

Welcome.

--
Eric Rostetter