[i18n] Horde IMP in Japanese

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Aug 2 14:49:50 PDT 2003

Zitat von Thomas Maadie <thomas at e-interwave.com>:

> At 08:05 08/02/03 -0500, Takeshi Morishima wrote:
> >I think you can get from any GNU mirror.  I used Cygwin version and
> >FreeBSD port on my local machine.  If you have trouble doing it, I can
> >generate baseline files and send it to you.  That part will not take
> >long time for me.  Let me know.
>
> I downloaded GETTEXT (gettext-0.12.1.tar.gz) from Columbia University
> at the following website:
>          ftp://ftp.cs.columbia.edu/archives/gnu/prep/
> Thank you for your offer though, Takeshi.
> If anyone knows of a newer version of GETTEXT, please let me know.

No, that's the latest one.

> Although IMP-JP.ORG is based on an older version of Horde,
> their ja_JP.po translations should be newer and more accurate.
> If you can get the "IMP-JP.ORG Maintainer" to submit an official
> IMP-JP version, I think that will be best.  Or if you or anyone else
> can submit ja_JP.po files based on IMP-JP.ORG, even an incomplete
> or broken one, I think that will be a great contribution towards
> HORDE.ORG.  (I'm sure I can fix it if it needs to be fixed.)

If your read the gettext documentation carefully you'll find a way to merge
the existing Japanese translation with the one from imp-jp.org and the
current *.pot files, so that you don't have to merge them by hand.

> My main objective is to test Horde under the Japanese
> environment, and to verify that the Japanese versions
> are just as complete as the French versions, including all
> documentation.  (Are the French versions complete, Jan?)

No idea, ask the French translator. Comparing the translation's date with
the application's release date might get you an idea too.