[i18n] Horde IMP in Japanese

Thomas Maadie thomas at e-interwave.com
Sat Aug 2 13:56:17 PDT 2003

At 08:05 08/02/03 -0500, Takeshi Morishima wrote:
>I think you can get from any GNU mirror.  I used Cygwin version and
>FreeBSD port on my local machine.  If you have trouble doing it, I can
>generate baseline files and send it to you.  That part will not take
>long time for me.  Let me know.

I downloaded GETTEXT (gettext-0.12.1.tar.gz) from Columbia University
at the following website:
         ftp://ftp.cs.columbia.edu/archives/gnu/prep/
Thank you for your offer though, Takeshi.
If anyone knows of a newer version of GETTEXT, please let me know.

>For IMP translation, though, fastest way would be to back port files
>from imp-jp.org first then run procedure to make it upto date.
>According to the imp-jp.org maintener the translation files should be
>up to date as of IMP 3.2.1.  IMP translation is far older than IMP
>3.2.1 currently.
>
>Thank you,
>Takeshi

I don't really want to spend much time getting familiar with
IMP-JP.ORG, because theirs is an independent version of Horde.
But YES, if anyone can submit ja_JP.po or equivalent files to
this mailing list, we'd appreciate it.

Although IMP-JP.ORG is based on an older version of Horde,
their ja_JP.po translations should be newer and more accurate.
If you can get the "IMP-JP.ORG Maintainer" to submit an official
IMP-JP version, I think that will be best.  Or if you or anyone else
can submit ja_JP.po files based on IMP-JP.ORG, even an incomplete
or broken one, I think that will be a great contribution towards
HORDE.ORG.  (I'm sure I can fix it if it needs to be fixed.)

If we can get a healthy discussion right now on i18n about
how specifically to update the ja_JP.po files, that will be great.
Please, PLEASE don't be shy or hesitant.  And please don't
feel that you need to yield to anyone else.  Any opinion is better
than no opinion at all.  I would like to see the ja_JP.po files
from IMP-JP.ORG if only for reference, even if they don't
turn out to be portable.

My main objective is to test Horde under the Japanese
environment, and to verify that the Japanese versions
are just as complete as the French versions, including all
documentation.  (Are the French versions complete, Jan?)

I WILL remain committed to completing any incomplete work
for the Japanese environment of Horde for HORDE.ORG.

I guess if I don't see any other contributions on i18n by Tuesday
JST (Japan Standard Time=+900), I will start uploading ja_JP.po
files based on what we have at that point.

GOKYORYOKU DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU
(Thank you very much for your cooperation).

Thomas Maadie
Interwave Corporation
Email thomas at e-interwave.com
Tel (808) 531-0560