[i18n] Updated Hungarian translations and questions about translation.php

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Fri Aug 8 12:43:28 PDT 2003

Hi,

the Hungarian .po files have been updated for Horde (2.2.4-RC1) and
IMP (3.2.2-RC1). I also did the translation of the IMP help.xml (this
hasn't been available before).
The files:     ftp://xenia.sote.hu/pub/linux/horde/

Two questions about the translation.php tool:

The compendium really makes it easy to achieve consistent translations.
However, sometimes the same msgid's need different translation in
different modules because the are used in different context. What is
the best way to deal with this? Currently I just remove the resulting
fuzzy items from the compendium manually.

Another thing: what is the reason for including translation.php
itself in the list of programs to be translated? It is used only
by translators, isn't it? So I don't see any reason to translate
it. Currently I remove manually the items in the Horde .po file that come
from translation.php (I don't like dozens of untranslated items in the
.po files).

                                Yours: Laszlo

Laszlo L Tornoci                            Inst Pathophysiology
E-mail: torlasz at xenia.sote.hu               Semmelweis Univ Med School
        torlasz at net.sote.hu                 Nagyvarad ter 4.
fax:    (36-1)-210-4409                     Budapest, H-1089, Hungary