[i18n] Updated Hungarian translations and questions about translation.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Aug 8 14:35:07 PDT 2003

Zitat von Tornoci Laszlo <torlasz at xenia.sote.hu>:

> Hi,
>
> the Hungarian .po files have been updated for Horde (2.2.4-RC1) and
> IMP (3.2.2-RC1). I also did the translation of the IMP help.xml (this
> hasn't been available before).
> The files:     ftp://xenia.sote.hu/pub/linux/horde/

Committed, thanks.

> Two questions about the translation.php tool:
>
> The compendium really makes it easy to achieve consistent translations.
> However, sometimes the same msgid's need different translation in
> different modules because the are used in different context. What is
> the best way to deal with this? Currently I just remove the resulting
> fuzzy items from the compendium manually.

I leave them in the compendium, because if you have a new string in another
module that matches one of these fuzzy entries, you'll get all translations
in the new .po file and can select the one that fits best.

> Another thing: what is the reason for including translation.php
> itself in the list of programs to be translated? It is used only
> by translators, isn't it? So I don't see any reason to translate
> it. Currently I remove manually the items in the Horde .po file that come
> from translation.php (I don't like dozens of untranslated items in the
> .po files).

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should make all the strings from translation.php
localizable, because you probably won't translate any modules if you don't
speak English (though you can by theory translate from another
translation). On the other hand I felt that it wouldn't be correct somehow,
if just the tool that deals with translations wasn't translatable.