[i18n] Can't msgmerge anymore...

Ivan Noris noris at bgs.sk
Fri Sep 5 06:14:17 PDT 2003

Hi all,
	I just downloaded CVS version of Horde and other modules to update
Slovak translation. However, when I ran ./xgettext and msgmerge, I've
seen:

sk_SK.po:265:2: parse error
sk_SK.po:265: keyword "sk_SK" unknown
sk_SK.po:265: keyword "po" unknown
sk_SK.po:273:2: parse error
sk_SK.po:274: duplicate message definition
... more to come...

I checked the file:

Line 265 displays:
<<<<<<< sk_SK.po

I never put anything like that "<" in my translation. I use only
msgmerge and company, no translation.php.

What has caused this error? How to correct it? I remember, this is not
the first time I can see the error, but I've removed the strange lines
before I run msgmerge again.

Seems to me, it could be some (side) effect of translation.php(?) Or I
don't know, because I've never used it.

Is the xgettext/msgmerge method "deprecated" in favour of
translation.php?

Sorry about a lot questions.

See ya,
VIX
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.