[i18n] Can't msgmerge anymore...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Sep 5 06:57:30 PDT 2003

Zitat von Ivan Noris <noris at bgs.sk>:

> Hi all,
> 	I just downloaded CVS version of Horde and other modules to update
> Slovak translation. However, when I ran ./xgettext and msgmerge, I've
> seen:
>
> sk_SK.po:265:2: parse error
> sk_SK.po:265: keyword "sk_SK" unknown
> sk_SK.po:265: keyword "po" unknown
> sk_SK.po:273:2: parse error
> sk_SK.po:274: duplicate message definition
> ... more to come...
>
> I checked the file:
>
> Line 265 displays:
> <<<<<<< sk_SK.po
>
> I never put anything like that "<" in my translation. I use only
> msgmerge and company, no translation.php.

These lines mark a conflict that occured because someone else changed the
sk_SK.po file on the cvs server while you changed it yourself locally.
cvs update wasn't able to solve these conflicts and mark the conflicting
lines.

> What has caused this error? How to correct it? I remember, this is not
> the first time I can see the error, but I've removed the strange lines
> before I run msgmerge again.

Yes, that the best thing to do. This way we won't loose neither of the
remote and your local changes. msgmerge being called after that
"normalizes" the .po file anyway.

> Seems to me, it could be some (side) effect of translation.php(?) Or I
> don't know, because I've never used it.
>
> Is the xgettext/msgmerge method "deprecated" in favour of
> translation.php?

Definitely.