[i18n] Invalid entry,remove it pls.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 19 02:47:49 PST 2004

Zitat von David Chang <david at tmv.gov.tw>:

> Hi jan:
> #: horde/lib/NLS/countries.php:216
> msgid "Taiwan, Province of China"
> msgstr ""
>
> In fact ,Taiwan is Taiwan,China is China.There are two country.
> So i ask you remove such entry,please.

I understand you very well and would personally, not speaking for the
project, agree to you.

But as an international project we try to be as neutral as possible. Thus we
use ISO data where applicable to avoid being involved in multilateral
differences. Unfortunately this does not always work, we already lost a
mirror site because we used an ISO language name that offended the hoster
of this mirror.

The country name list in countries.php is an exact copy of the ISO 3166-1
list of country names:
"Fourth, the country names used in ISO 3166-1 are all from United Nations
sources. Using these country names officially notified by the countries to
the UN Secretary General helps in keeping ISO 3166-1 politically neutral
and thus acceptable to as many users as possible."

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens