[i18n] translations under Windows platform

labsy at seznam.org labsy at seznam.org
Wed Jan 21 08:01:59 PST 2004

>> Hello!
>>
>> I have HORDE installed on Windows 2000 server paltform, running IIS
>> 5.0 webserver. It is all working fine, it is fast...but
>>
>> ...but I do not have SHELL, so I cannot compile those languages files
>> :((

> What do you mean, you have no shell? Of course Windows has shell.

Windows have COMMAND.COM. I meant, I cannot use commands like "sh" and
"make". But correct me if I am wrong. :)

>> Any idea, how could I translate ALL horde applications under Windows?

> You still can use po/translation.php if you installed the gettext tools. But
> you don't need to, or do you have a reason for it?

That's great! I will then use translations.php. I hope gettext tools
only need to be installed when translating, so I will translate HORDE
on my local machine in development environment. then I will just send
translated files to my server.
Is that correct?

Thanx for advice!

Best Regards,