[i18n] gettext problem

Antonin Karasek lists at ceskyserver.cz
Tue Mar 9 03:44:37 PST 2004

Hi,
I just installed Horde+Imp+Turba.

I can't make the translations run. I tryed to go step-by-step according
to TRANSLATIONS file (section "Translations don't work"). The first thing,
that fail, was:

$ (LANG=nl_NL; LANGUAGE=nl_NL; LC_MESSAGES=nl_NL; gettext tar "Memory
exhausted" )

I get:

Memory exhausted

But everythink after it looks good. I tryed to make a php-file
langtest.php - output is

Memory exhausted
Bericht
Bericht

The first one is from "tar". I think, it's not important.

I even tryed to change the language in langtest.php to my "dreaming"
language. It was also without problems.

I'm not experienced with gettext. So, I don't know, where the problem
can be :(

I'm using Debian (I think, this can be important).

Is there anybody, who can help?

Many thanks