[i18n] "Quoting" not being translated, workaround ?

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Tue Mar 9 11:07:14 PST 2004

Hi everyone

With a freshly updated cvs head, in IMP, there is a preference called
attrib_text that tells IMP how to start reply lines, saying in prefs.php.dist

_("Quoting") . ' %f:',

The problem is that even if this string is well translated in the po/mo files
(I checked in french and in spanish), it seems that the translation is not
taken care of.

I checked some horde modules (imp, turba,kronolith) and it is one of the only
places where a pref value is a gettext string. Kronolith also has one pref of
that type, but it is in the event_categories and that is well translated.

I found a workaround by adding the string Quoting into the fr_FR.po of horde.
If I understand well, it is because prefs.php files (not the config files,
but the files that were managing the preferences screen in each modules) are
no longer in each module but globally somewhere in horde.

Problem is that translation.php script puts the strings it finds in the config
directory of each module in the po file of the module, not in the po file of
horde.

I'm not sure if my explanations are clear, but since it may break other
translations, maybe patching translation.php could be the solution (i'm not
an expert in bash though...).

--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net