[i18n] Danish translations of forwards and vacation

Jose Carlos Pereira horde.i18n at abismo.org
Wed Mar 31 08:44:24 PST 2004

More or less my  thoughts (ie, to translate you should not  need to be a
programing "guru").

Maybe a  small text explaining  how translate.php works would  make life
much easier (translate.php does make your life easier ;)).

Another thing that would help, direct links to translation help files:

  eg:
        http://www.horde.org/source/contribute.php
           A separate section for translations
           (link to latest /horde/po/README ?)

           A link to afore mentioned link

An example of a small text (my quick guide for future translations)
(maybe suggestion should be sent to  horde-doc list?)

 ** Simple steps to update a translation **

 BASE     =       base PATH where horde is installed
 ll_CC.po =       gettext language file
                ( ll: two letter language code
                  CC: two letter country code
                  ex de_DE.po, fr.FR)

   + Update .po files with new strings
           cd BASE
           ./translation.php update -m horde -l ll_CC
           ./translation.php update -m imp   -l ll_CC
           ./translation.php update -m turba -l ll_CC

           OR all packages in one go

           ./translation.php update -l ll_CC

   + create a compendium file (do this only once)
        ./translation.php compendium -l ll_CC

        (creates compendium file.
         create it and ignore it)

   + edit individual files... ll_CC.po
        (delete fuzzy comment entries after correcting entries)
        ex BASE/po/ll_CC.po
           BASE/imp/po/ll_CC.po
           BASE/turba/po/ll_CC.po

   + generate the system translation binaries
        cd BASE
        ./translation.php make -m horde -l ll_CC
        ./translation.php make -m imp -l ll_CC
        ./translation.php make -m turba -l ll_CC

        OR all packages:
        ./translation.php make -l ll_CC

        (this generates .mo files into correct system dir.
        ex:
                BASE/locale/ll_CC/LC_MESSAGES/horde.mo
                BASE/imp/locale/ll_CC/LC_MESSAGES/imp.mo

   + restart webserver
        (ex apachectl restart)

   + send individual corrected .po files to
        i18n at lists.horde.org

Off  course, this  would help  guys like  me that  don't really  want to
understand how it works, just want to get the job done quickly. :)

This would have helped me quite a bit.

regards
--
Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.
---