[i18n] Marathi(mr_IN) localization of Horde

Indictrans Team indictrans at fastmail.fm
Mon May 24 21:41:32 PDT 2004

Dear all,
  I would first like to congratulate all the developers and maintainers
  for developing such a cool framework.You have done a great job.Keep it
  up.
  Now about overselves.We are a small voluntary team working towards
  localizing GNU/Linux in Indian Languages for bridging the digital
  divide  (please see www.indictrans.org).We also have a Live CD based on
  morphix (gnubhaaratii), in 3 indian languages and english.We wish to
  add preconfigured horde with Indian language interface to the Live CD.
  we are right now working on localizing horde and all of its major
  components in Indian Languages , Marathi to start with.We have
  translated major po files (horde,imp,turba,nag,kronolith).We have also
  set up horde with all these components on Suse9.0 installtion.I do feel
  the need to have a good installtion & configuration HowTo from my
  experience of installing and configuring it.
  So after installing and configuring horde, we followed instructions to
  add new translations to horde.I added my locale name,charset etc. in
  lang.php,added po files in po directory and then did make install.Now
  the horde language menu shows Marathi and on selecting Marathi the
  initial interface (i.e.text like login,password etc.) is seen in
  Marathi.But on logging in everything appears in English though all the
  necessary files have been translated and integrated.
  Is there anything else required to be done to see entire horde in your
  language?I would also like to point out that when I selected any other
  language (say fr_FR),except initial login screen, everything else
  appeared in English.We are quite familiar with gettext and co-ordinate
  GNOME Marathi and KDE Marathi.Please guide me on this.

                          wherever you are