[i18n] Clarification needed

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Tue Dec 14 02:16:08 PST 2004

Hi,

first of all, let me congratulate to the developers for the upcoming
Horde/IMP/etc release. There is a LOT of useful new functionality. That
also means, it is quite hard work to make a good translation, since
there are so many things to test. A few things are not clear to me:

1. What is 'Mark simple markup?' in IMP prefs, Message Viewing

2. What is 'Your alias addresses?' in IMP prefs, Personal Info, Identity
setting

3. What is 'Addresses to explicitly tie to this indentity' same place

I mean what is the purpose of these settings, how they are to be used?
(I know what an alias address is, actually I admin a Horde/IMP setup for
a couple of hundred users, but it is not clear to me what IMP has to do
with alias addresses).

Help info is definitely necessary for the new identity settings!

Another problem:
The word "From" is actually used for two things. When it refers to the
"From" header, it means (and gets translated to) "Sender
address", and sometimes it is used only as a preposition, which gets
translated very differently. I have found only one place where "From" is
used as a preposition, it is here:
#: templates/contacts/contacts.inc:186
My suggestion is to use "from" instead of "From" here (as is done in
Kronolith, in a similar code segment).

                                       Yours: Laszlo