[i18n] Re: International chars in emails?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 21 01:11:48 PST 2005

Zitat von Carl Boberg <carl at blackside.org>:

> I suspected as much.
>
> But, this did not happen with horde 2.x and im 3.x?

Because the old versions couldn't handle different charsets at all, and you
happened to use the same charset with your translation as these messages
use.

> What is the difference, And is there a possible workaround for theese
> type of broken emails?

The workaround would be to allow user-defined default charsets that will be
used if no other charset is set in the message. Currently we (RFC
compliant) imply that all messages that don't specify a charset are
US-ASCII.

http://horde.org/consulting/