[i18n] Re: New Turkish Translation file for Horde3/imp4

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Apr 13 14:17:08 PDT 2005

Zitat von Bulent Yucesoy <yucesoyb at itu.edu.tr>:

> -          tr_TR.po file is the Turkish translation of all option menus of
> Horde , nag , mnemo , kronolith and turba. But we did not translate more on
> imp Turkish translation file located at Webmail_ROOT/imp/po/tr_TR.po. You
> can copy the attached tr_TR.po file to these below locations:

I'm sorry to say that this PO file is not of much value. Why don't you
follow the translation instructions in po/README?

> An Important note that , we omitted the keyboard shortcuts property by
> hitting the ALT key. For example, let say it is written as "_Open Folder"
> for keyboard shortcut ALT + O . We translated it as not "_Open Folder" but
> with "Open Folder". The reason is that we did not want to work on building
> the similar keyboard shortcut architecture for Turkish menus and for
> consistency , we removed it from the original too. Therefore , "_Open
> Folder" will still not be translated although you made the above operations
> because you need to change _("_Open Folder") in its original php file with
> _("Open Folder"). You can find the original php file by searching with grep
> -R  "_Open Folder" Webmail_ROOT/ . This can seem as a long work but it is
> not to hard and we made it like this.

Can you please explain again why you left the shortcuts out? It doesn't
make much sense to me and is a great loss to Horde 3.0 in Turkish.

> -          Also We translated Horde , imp , turba , kronolith,kronolith_ex,
> mnemo , nag help menus to Turkish and related xml files are also attached.
> All you need to do is making below copy operations;

Committed, thanks. The IMP help file had some entries without "id"
attribute and one with the non-exitant id "Folder-widgets" though.

http://horde.org/consulting/