[i18n] Re: Translated version of conf.xml for horde3

persian-horde at metanetworking.com persian-horde at metanetworking.com
Tue Apr 19 08:21:14 PDT 2005

>>> No, not currently. And it doesn't make much sense to me personally as
>>> it would be a huge burden if developers need to update *every*
>>> translated conf.xml file when they change/add a setting.
>>
>> I think the way to go here is to put any text that people want
>> localized into <gettext></gettext> tags, and process them like we do
>> Horde_Template files. Jan, does that make sense to you?
>
> Yes, but the hard work is in translation.php, and I'm not sure if I
> want to spend so much time for a few pages that only one single person
> ever sees. An administrator that can't understand the configuration
> page can't even install Horde because all docs are in English.
>
> Jan.

We think that every horde administrators can understand English, but
localization of conf.xml (especially in a RTL languages) makes
descriptions of configurations very readable for them.

Now, we are a question:

If our team can handle changing of translation.php for localization purpose
of conf.xml, is it acceptable?

With Regards and Thanks
Persian-horde team