[i18n] Re: Translated version of conf.xml for horde3

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Tue Apr 19 00:04:41 PDT 2005

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>

>>Quoting Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>>

>>>No, not currently. And it doesn't make much sense to me personally as
>>>it would be a huge burden if developers need to update *every*
>>>translated conf.xml file when they change/add a setting.
>>
>>I think the way to go here is to put any text that people want
>>localized into <gettext></gettext> tags, and process them like we do
>>Horde_Template files. Jan, does that make sense to you?
>

> Yes, but the hard work is in translation.php, and I'm not sure if I
> want to spend so much time for a few pages that only one single person
> ever sees. An administrator that can't understand the configuration
> page can't even install Horde because all docs are in English.
>
> Jan.

Agreed. For the same reason, IMHO it doesn't make any sense to translate
'translation.php' in Horde. However, the strings are extracted from this
file too, when generating the .po file for Horde. The Horde .po file is
large enough anyway, and translators are really supposed to know English
aren't they?

                                                   Yours: Laszlo