[i18n] Diff file for correcting RTL UI

persian-horde@metanetworking.com persian-horde at metanetworking.com
Thu Apr 28 07:57:17 PDT 2005

>> A unified diff file(diff.txt) against the latest CVS HEAD(2005-4-26)
>> for correcting UI problems of Horde and IMP applications in RTL
>> languages (just for 'compose','search' and 'login' pages) and trueRTL
>> theme files (in zip format) are available from following address:
>>
>> http://www.metanetworking.com/persian-horde/
>
> Committed, thanks.
>
> A few notes:
> - The patch still wasn't unified
> - The theme file for IMP was missing, thus the alignment changes only
> work in the login pages so far.

Excuse us, theme zip file for imp is in attachments.

> - Please don't use the "dir" attribute. I changed all the occurences to
>  use the "direction" style rule.

We will correct this in our next changes.

> - It looks like you forced almost all input fields to be ltr. What is
> the rule of thumb when a field should be ltr or rtl? Is there perhaps a
>  better way to avoid rendundant style attributes, for example to force
> all input tags to ltr in the stylesheet?
>
> Jan.

It's good idea, because in the most of fields we use of English words
(like file name, email address,...) but some few important fields
(like 'subject' or 'content' fields of mail) must be rtl in a rtl
languages, what can we do for these fields ?