[i18n] Menu direction/sort problem in rtl

persian-horde@metanetworking.com persian-horde at metanetworking.com
Sun May 22 08:54:06 PDT 2005

Hello Jan

>> and what about our last diff (for menu  problems), are you have time for
>> testing our cases?
>> We are waiting for your response :)

> I'm still trying to find a CSS only solution.
> Jan

We reduced our last diff file, that was about menu element direction and
orders in rtl.
in this patch (that is in attachment), we just added to 6 below files a
new span tag after div tag, because (we don't know why) inserting
class="leftFloat" to div tags in this files have not correct effects, and
we think inserting <span class="leftFloat"> for fixing direction problems
in rtl,  is a CSS solution too.

the 6 files were :

1- imp/templates/menu.inc
2- turba/templates/menu.inc
3- accounts/templates/main/main.inc
4- forwards/templates/main/main.inc
5- vacation/templates/main/main.inc
6- passwd/templates/main/main.inc

The effects of adding span tags was very good.

and about sorting problem in menu elements,
it is imposible to solve this problem with CSS solution and sorting of
elements must be changed in code like changing sidebar menue elements
direction in rtl.

and for doing this, it is reguired to change order of elements just
before showing of them in Framework/Horde/Menu.php file.

We think this patch is practical and have good effect (and we test many
other ways, without good response), and  solving this problem is very
important for our users.

Excuse us for this long mail.

With Thanks and Regards
Persian-Horde