[i18n] 2 questions on horde/po/translation.php (solved)

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Aug 29 19:48:45 UTC 2007

Hello,

I had asked:
> to re-compile, e. g., Imp's gettext database, I run
>    php -f ./translation.php make --module imp --no-compendium
> What will I have to run for Horde proper (i. e., after a
> modification of horde/po/de_DE.po. say)?

Jan Schneider has answered:
> The module name is "horde".

Thank you. Meanwhile, I had figured that out from the code.

I had also asked:
> After running
>    cd horde/po
>    ./translation.php make --no-compendium
> I get the reply:
>    gettext... found: /usr/bin/gettext
>    msgattrib... not found
> What is going wrong, and how could I possibly mend it?

This has been mended by installing an additional SUSe package
(I forgot the name, and I am currently not in my office, so
I cannot easily find out).

Sorry for not telling you about the solution, so Jan had to
write. However, I had not got an answer for over 3  weeks,
hence I thought that this question was forgotten.

Thanks again, Jan,
and best wishes to all,
    Otto Stolz