[i18n] (no subject)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Oct 23 08:28:33 UTC 2008

Zitat von akif dinc <a-dinc at hotmail.de>:

> Hello,
>
> Turba's Turkish translation shows a conflict in tr_TR.po. The
> translation points to two possible strings one from the
> compendium.po file and one from tr_TR.po file, the latter one "Doğum
> günü" is the correct translation.
> I don't know how this is handled. If we do post updated translations
> or if we report it like this, but in any case both versions are
> shown in Turba and this is not nice. If someone could give a short
> feedback how to handle it in the future i would be thankfull.

Fixed in CVS. Those alternatives are added to the po file when doing a
gettext merge from the compendium. And they end up in the compendium
because different applications used different translations for the
same string. This is a good method to locate inconsistent
translations, by the way.
Since this happens during merge, you would only see those alternatives
in fuzzy entries, and you should resolve it before marking the entry
as translated. This one was probably just an oversight.

http://horde.org/consulting/