[i18n] Translating the End key

Niels Baggesen nba at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 28 13:10:50 UTC 2009

While I am working with the translation of DIMP, I have found a problem
translating the End key.

A danish keyboard normally has english labels for the function keys,
which means that End should just stay as End. Unfortunately DIMP picks
the translation from IMP for End, which is a translation for the End of
an appointment, which should be translated (to "Slut").

It would help if the End word in IMP would include the ":" that is
appended to it anyway. I could imagine that such a thing would help
a right-to-left translation too.

Btw, it would also help if the implementers were a bit more consistent
with the wordings, so we could avoid some duplication, such as

> #: lib/Block/account.php:692 lib/Block/account.php:707
> msgid "Your password has expired"
> msgstr "Dit kodeord er udløbet"
>
> #: lib/Horde/Auth.php:755
> msgid "Your password has expired."
> msgstr "Dit kodeord er udløbet."

or

> #: lib/VFS/sql.php:289 lib/VFS/musql.php:106
> #, php-format
> msgid "Folder \"%s\" does not exist"
> msgstr "Mappen \"%s\" eksisterer ikke"
>
> #: lib/Horde/Kolab/FreeBusy/Imap.php:119
> #, php-format
> msgid "Folder %s does not exist!"
> msgstr "Mappen %s eksisterer ikke!"

/Niels

Niels Baggesen - @home - Århus - Denmark - nba at users.sourceforge.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers   ---   R W Hamming