[i18n] Horde4 messages: translating duplicates

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Thu Jun 9 09:36:39 UTC 2011

Citējot Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von J?nis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>
>> Tearing hair oved duplicate messages arose a question:
>>
>> what could be the right order of translation of .po files?
>>
>> first - horde.po, then update other translations and correct them
>> as necessary or it does not matter and the messages has to be
>> translated twice?
>
> It doesn't matter. The compendium takes care of merging already
> translated string from another application.

so - may be it is intended so that during update -m module, if
respective modules has untranslated message identical to allready
translated for another and lying around in compendium, it is offered
as translated or at least fuzzy?

I do not observe it now... at least - I have such impression in most of cases.