[i18n] Strenge problem with switch language on login screen

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jul 31 10:15:58 UTC 2014

Zitat von Zmylna <zmylna at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:31:16 +0200, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>

>> Zitat von Paweł Dacka <zmylna at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi All :)
>>> I have strange problem with language switching on login screen.
>>> My preferred language is polish. When i select polish from drop-down list
>>> nothing happened - ui is in the english language.
>>> If i select "Arabic (oman)" (first from the top) and next "Arabic (Syria)"
>>> until then interface language changes to polish. (?)
>>> But if in this situation i log in to horde part ui is in polish and part in
>>> Arabic :(
>>>
>>> If i select from drop-down list polish language then login screen back to
>>> english language. But if i log in in to horde part of it is in polish (top
>>> menu) and part in english (menu items).
>>>
>>> Anybody have an idea where is the problem ?
>>>
>>> OS: NetBSD 5.1
>>> *Horde Groupware Webmail Edition* *5.2.0*
>>> *PHP: 5.4.26*
>>> Apache 2.2
>>>
>>> PS.
>>> Sorry for my english
>>
>> Try restarting the web server.
>>

> Hi Jan.
> Thank you for your answer.
> I restarted server but nothing changed.
>
> I try again to explain what's wrong.
> I try to change language to polish
> If i just select polish from drop-down list on login screen language
> does not change (is still english) but if i log in to the horde part
> of text is in polish and part is in english.

This might be the expected behavior. The login screen is only
reloaded, and thus the language changed, if you don't have any
credentials entered into the login form yet.
Further, the Polish translation might be incomplete.

> Logon screen language is changed if:
> 1. select "polish"
> 2. select "arabic (oman)"
> 3. select "arabic (syria)"
> I must make these steps one by one to switch login screen layout to polish.

I don't understand this last paragraph at all, especially since you
said first that selecting Polish did *not* change the interface
language.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project