[imapproxy] Re: [imp] serious mysql or imap problems on a imp server

Thu Oct 24 19:27:09 2002

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> It was me. ;-)

Sorry for not remembering...

> > Maybe we ought to get everyone using it to submit some standard data
> > (machine info, server setup, performance guestimate) and create a file
> > in CVS tracking this kind of info...
>
> Any idea how to setup a test case/suite?

I'm creating a file in CVS right now, with the Stuff from Didi and myself.

No idea about how to setup a test, but it sure would be nice to have one.

I suppose something simple, like using the command line imap client (like
the test program that usually comes with wu-imap) to just connect continuously
over a period of time (say X minutes) and count how many connections it can
make.  Run it once (or more times) without the proxy, then again with the
proxy, and compare the results?

We probably also need to specify some of the settings in configuration file
like logging state, keepalive timeout, client timeout, server timeout,
stats_frequency, and max_reuse.  Changing these would have a big effect on
a benchmark (or on a very busy system).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics