[imapproxy] Re: [imp] serious mysql or imap problems on a imp server

Fri Oct 25 19:09:07 2002

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder@sbox.tugraz.at>:

> However, I have done some "simple" performance tests without IMP just with
> basic IMAP connections and commands using the following expect script:

I modified the expect script for my system, and ran it with 50 loops each
invokation.  Ran it 4 times via imap, 4 times via proxy, 4 times via imap,
4 times via proxy (to compensate for system load, etc).

Results were very consistent (hence usuable).  Proxy is about twice as fast.
To be exact, with the proxy the real time varied from 7 to 8 seconds, and
without the proxy they varied from 16 to 18 seconds.

> This results show, that there is a significant performance gain when I use
> the proxy.

Yes, I was shocked to see mine twice as fast :)

> So I guess the problem must be related to IMP/c-client or wath erver,
> since basic IMAP works great!

I guess so, since I'm seeing no real drastic improvment in IMP (though no
slowdown either) dispite seeing twice the performance with the expect script.

> Any ideas?

None.

--
Eric Rostetter