[imapproxy] (no subject)

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sat May 24 07:05:53 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 10:10:29PM +1000, Johny wrote:
> Which indicates a major increase in time caused by the proxy relaying the
> message headers, this outweighs by a long margin the overhead of starting a new
> imapd for every request and to my mind negates the value of the imapproxy in
> it's current form. I didn't do any significant profiling on imapproxy, but
> keeping an eye on 'top' didn't show a significant amount of CPU time used by the
> proxy.

Out of interest, have you tried measuring on a mailbox with a
large number of messages (>1000) ?  I notice that these are the
biggest culprits for slow responses when using IMAP; the common
case of small folders is always nice and fast.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, http://anil.recoil.org
University of Cambridge, http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk