[imp] The PIMP

Bill Tihen -- Information Technology bill@mail.tasis.ch
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:43:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Schools also tend to use OSS (at least ours does).  We use imp, so that I don't
have to configure 300 students pop accounts and then fix them when the kid
messes it up.  Schools tend to use computers for a very long time (just this
year we finally officially retired our Mac Classics and are now giving them to
faculty for free.  Practically, what it means to using javascript is that imp is
very resource intensive and doesn't work on many client browsers.  We have been
slowly upgrading to more workable (modern) workstations.  So it is slowly
becomming less of a problem for us.  However, the javascript still plagues us a
little.

I personally like using IMP.  However, had I been aware of PIMP, I bet I would
have been using it to better support our aging computers -- who really don't do
javascript well at all.  (I suppose I could install both are they compatible --
that is do they coexist) -- nicely?

I probably didn't change your mind, but it is true that schools (some) anyway
have a lot of older client browsers.  Some of our machines simply won't do
javascript.

Bill

    Quoting Brian Dragoo <bdragoo@thomasaquinas.edu>:

    > On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Max Kalika wrote:
    >
    > > Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
    > >
    > > > If someone wants to put in the time to make lynx work nicely,
    I'll