[imp] The PIMP

Bill Tihen -- Information Technology bill@mail.tasis.ch
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:48:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

We do not allow a shell to our users and most have only the choice between POP
or IMAP if they have their own computer on their desk about 20 people
administrators out of a community of about 400 faculty, staff and students at
the school.  Therefore everyone else must use IMP.  Some administrators like it
because during the summer when the Swiss Govt. requires that most of our faculty
and Admins leave the country, they can still collect email without having to
take the office computer to some other part of the world (which we wouldn't
allow anyway).

Bill