Mapping usernames for virtual domains (was Re: [imp] Virtual Domains)

Gonzalo G. Agullo ggarcia@uni2.es
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:02:55 +0200

Paul Hansen wrote:

> Perhaps after 2.3 is released I'll look into dealing with this in IMP. A few
> people have asked about this type of setup; would the user::domain:name
> formatting a good format to standardize on for this within IMP, or does it seem
> a bit too kludgy? The method suggested in the FAQ requires that the "username"
> be unique on the IMAP server, so you can't have joe@host.com and joe@host.org
> supported through the same IMAP server when accessing it through IMP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

I have a simmilar problem with virtual domains. In my setup, any
'user@host.com'
will login into my imap server as 'user.host.com'. Everything works fine
when
users send/receive mail from their MUA. But when they check mail via IMP,
username user.host.com is accepted and validated by imap server, but IMP
assign
their email address as user.host.com@imphost.com, instead of
reverse-mapping
as user@host.com.

How could I get the right behaviour thru IMP?

Thanx