[imp] Cyrus and IMP IMAP folders

Patrick Hawley hawley_p@ociweb.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:42:03 -0500

Darron Froese wrote:
> > Hello, I am considering IMP for our web to imap server.  Using the demo, I
> > was unable to read my nested cyris IMAP folders.  Has anyone had any
> > experience with this?  I am sure that there is a work around to the cyrus
> > imap server, but would like to know that someone has run across (and
> > soved) this.
> > Cyrus uses a different folder method than normal imap servers since it
> > fdoes not allow local users.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> My nested cyrus folders work just fine on 3 separate servers. There's
> probably a problem with your setup somewhere.

Mine work fine, as well. I would assume that the demo is setup for a
different type of 'folder method', as you pointed out.

Once/If you install your local version, you can change the following
line to read as below in the file ./horde/imp/config/defaults.php3

Patrick

// Servers like Cyrus and Courier-IMAP place personal folders in a
// hierarchy below INBOX, as INBOX.foldername. If you want the
// 'INBOX.' portion of that name hidden from your users, set this to
// 'INBOX.'. Otherwise, leave it blank.
$default->personal_folders = 'INBOX.';