[imp] pine locks

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:03:55 -0400

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 06:55:41PM -0300, Martin A. Marques (martin@math.unl.edu.ar) wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know how to make locks for pine when the person is using IMP
> web-mail?

Well, you've no idea if Pine and IMP are running on the same machine,
so I'm not sure how you'd get them to communicate with each other. I
suppose you could modify Pine and your IMAP server to lock when
necessary, but that's not an IMP issue at all.

> Is this posible?

Probably not, because, if IMP and Pine are running on the same machine
both using IMAP, you have no way of knowing that multiple connections
are coming from both, and not just from one or the other. Of course, I
can't see any *reason* why you'd want to disallow two clients' access
at once, either.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services