[imp] multiple servers, one addressbook DB

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:38:39 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting David Powicki <dpowicki@oit.umass.edu>:

> How have people solved the problem with having a farm of WWW servers running
> IMP and maintaining a single DB of address book entries and preferences?
>
> Am I correct to assume that the only way to configure IMP to run on N number
> of servers and have them all see the same preferences is to configure each IMP
> install to talk back to a single DB server which manages both session
> information and addressbooks/preferences?

If you can guarantee that users aren't switching between servers, you don't need
to have the session db be central for addresses to be central.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private