[imp] Login?

Nathaniel P. Windbish npw@windbish.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:58:25 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Nathaniel P. Windbish <npw@windbish.com> wrote:
>
> > I have successfully installed Horde and Imp but I cannot login with my
> > id.  I am able to POP my mail with the same id that is failing?
>
> We're going to need a lot more information before we can help.  For
> starters, what platform, what IMAP server (and version), version of
> Apache, PHP, Horde/IMP, etc.  The more details, the better.
>
> Secondly, did you configure Horde/IMP to use POP as the protocol, or
> IMAP?  IMP normally uses IMAP, so knowing that POP works isn't enough in
> that case... you need to be sure that IMAP works.  Have you checked your
> server logs for errors?
>
> --
> Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>
> Yahoo!: Brent_Nordquist / AIM: BrentJNordquist / ICQ: 76158942

I am sorry this was a request for help in haste.  I knew imap was supported
by default but I made the changes according to the FAQ to enable IMP to
work with POP3.  As in your response to my message, I did not check to see if
imap was running on my server which it wasn't.

Since then I have enabled it and can now logon!  I must say IMP is very sweet,
BRAVO to the developerment team.

Thanks to everyone for your quick responses and thoughts.