[imp] A few suggestions?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:15:43 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Mark Goldfinch <goldie@paradise.net.nz>:

> Before I start, I must admit that IMP is very classy indeed.  I've been
> tracking the development of IMP for some time now.  I'm trying to advocate
> its use over a monolithic POP3-only Perl based webmail package at the
> moment.

Thanks!

Also, one comment: you never said what version of IMP you were looking at.
That's important.

> Bounce while a potentially cool feature, I can imagine now the support
> questions, especially seeing that our MTA (qmail) bounces any resent
> messages.

... What Rich said. This isn't exactly a new idea.

> Resume appears in the navbar while viewing messages in any folder.  It
> would be nice if it was only displayed for messages in the 'drafts' folder
> (and not at all for POP3 based retrieval).

If anything, I would change it to only appear on messages that were flagged as
drafts (which ones saved in your drafts folder are by default). But I find it
useful to be able to use any email as a template.

> While viewing messages instead of having 'Select all' and 'Select none'
> javascript functions how about having an 'Invert selection' function?

It'd certainly be fairly easy to do, but I wonder how many people would find
this useful?

> If I get a bounce from sendmail with message/rfc822 and/or
> message/delivery-status attachments these are shown ok inline but if one
> tries to view the attachment by itself it is sent out with the
> Content-Type of text/html and hence the browser tries to render it
> accordingly.

I _think_ this is a relic of the version you're using.

> Lastly someone else on the list reported receiving the 'this page contains
> both secure and insecure items' error from IE, I also receive this while
> serving IMP via https.  Netscape under either Windows or Linux doesn't do
> such things, it seems to be a bug in IE (I'm running version 5.5).

This, I don't know what we can do anything about, unfortunately.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private