[imp] window resizing

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 23:45:33 -0500

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 10:38:49AM +0700, Alain Fauconnet (alain@cscoms.net) wrote:
> It's me again...
>
> Still on the "dumped to login page when resizing the INBOX list  using
> Netscape and POP" issue:
>
> I've snooped the HTTP dialog between the browser and the  IMP  box  as
> well. What I  see  is  that  Netscape  reloads  all  the  frames  when
> resizing,  but  when  reloding  the  main  frame it GETs mailbox.php3,
> passing  the  cookie  alright  but  NOT   passing   back   again   the
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded  stuff  which   contains   actionID,
> mailbox, imapuser, pass, server, port, folders and new_lang.
>
> Should Netscape do it ? I'm not a HTTP guru so I'm not sure. Anyway it
> looks  to me like that's what causes IMP to try opening a new session.

"Should" is hard. In my opinion, Netscape shouldn't interpret resizing
as the equivalent of clicking "Reload". On the other hand, if it
*does* interpret resizing as the equivalent of clicking "Reload", then
it should pass along the data that the webserver needs to respond to
the request.

If netscape starves IMP of data that it requires, there's not much IMP
can do to recover. I still can't duplicate it, though, so I'm not sure
what's actually going on there.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services