[imp] What's in Cobalt's Qube Imp-1.1 pkg?

Rod Todd rodd_todd_1999@yahoo.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:52:41 -0800 (PST)

> 	That package doesn't install MySQL--is it on the
> box by default,
> perhaps?
No, the qube2's and raq2's come default with no php or
MySQL.
>The php-mysql RPM allows PHP to interface
> with MySQL, but as
> you surmised, it is not MySQL (you'd be looking at
> around 7MB,
Yeh, for us the MySQL package is 4.1 MB.  Mystery
here: We previously installed the pkg on a box with no
php and MySQL and it worked magically using the
default Apache with is 1.3.3-2C1.  Now, when we
install the pkg  on a box that we manually upgraded to
MySQL 3.32.22, php 3.0.16, & apache 1.3.13 with mysql
and php support, the Imp program gets hosed.  When we
go to the main page, it shows the login screen, but
when we enter the login and password, it gives a blank
page in the inner frame area. If we set a MySQL
password, do we need to go in MySQL and allow logins
to imp or something to make it work?
Lastly, it is complete mystical happening that the imp
pkg magically installs with no MySQL or php and allows
it to work with out a hitch; where is all the users
email and stuff being stored? Probably not too secure
since most of the files on the machine are defaulted
with all read access.  Mabye its doing LDAP, which is
very secure on these boxes?  It just doesn't make
sence that you can manually install MySQL, php, and a
new web server with mysql and php support, install the
pkg file and get hosed, or then just install a 3.1 MB
pkg file and everything works with out even
re-booting.
I've ranted enough,
-R