nicer error handling for database connections?

The Hermit Hacker scrappy@hub.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:29:49 -0400 (AST)

Using IMP Version 2.2.3, I'm getting these periodically when even just
trying to get the login screen, not actually logging in ... I know in PHP
you can trap these and deal ith them without it affecting the end-user so
badly ... does the newest CVS IMP handle this better? *raised eyebrow*

Thanks ...

Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: FATAL 1: The system is shutting down
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably
means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the
request. in /usr/local/www/phplib/db_pgsql.inc on line 52

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in
/usr/local/www/phplib/db_pgsql.inc on line 122

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/www/phplib/db_pgsql.inc:52) in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/prefs.php3 on line 54

Systems Administrator @ hub.org