[imp] nicer error handling for database connections?

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:51:52 -0500

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:29:49PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Using IMP Version 2.2.3, I'm getting these periodically when even
> just trying to get the login screen, not actually logging in ... I
> know in PHP you can trap these and deal ith them without it
> affecting the end-user so badly ... does the newest CVS IMP handle
> this better? *raised eyebrow*

The newest CVS doesn't use a database for session storage (unless you
override PHP's session handler yourself).

Anyway, to address your point, you should probably turn down your
error reporting level in config/defaults.php3 if this is a production
installation.  There's also an option in php.ini to log warnings and
errors to a file as opposed to echoing them to the user.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology