[imp] HORDE/IMP + LDAP?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:22:46 -0500 (EST)

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> (a)  ...we've switched away from PHPLIB to use the built-in session
> support provided by PHP 4.  I don't honestly know if LDAP is supported for
> this, but you can use shared memory, which would eliminate the need for a
> database for this item.

Also, the default is to use plain text files, so you don't necessarily need LDAP
or a database or shared memory for sessions. Also, I don't know of an LDAP
session handler for php4, but I'm sure that it could be written.

> (b)  ...the contacts (address book) functionality is being moved to
> another Horde module:  Turba, a new, more advanced contact manager.  I
> know that LDAP will be supported for that, so that eliminates database for
> that also.

Correct. It's not entirely there yet, but we're working on it.

> I take it you're using IMP 2.2 (Horde 1.2) for this test, then?  We don't
> support LDAP storage for PHPLIB session data... at least, I've never heard
> of anyone who's tried, there aren't any hooks for the Horde session class
> for LDAP, etc.

Well, it theoretically should work - there's an LDAP storage class in phplib, at
least. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure where you'd go about troubleshooting
it, besides cranking up error_reporting() all the way and starting to add
printfs...

> I think with your focus on LDAP, you'd be best off looking at 2.3.  The
> push is on to freeze the feature list and get an initial (probably
> rough) release out soon.  Details on the <dev@lists.horde.org> list.

I'd concur with this.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private