window resizing

nan@frosting.cis.brown.edu nan@frosting.cis.brown.edu
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:22:23 -0500 (EST)

With regard to Compose problems with IMP reconfigured for IMAP use
but with folders turned off:

>> Compose does not seem to work.  When I put the cursor over the menu word
>> Compose or the little icon to its left, the text
>>          javascript:open_compose_win("")
>> appears at the bottom of the browser but when I click on the word Compose
>> the abovementioned text changes to Document:Done.  Nothing happens - no
>> compose window comes up.  Replying to a message works fine

>Any javascript errors? (in netscape, type javascript: into the location bar to
>get the javascript debugger).

>-chuck

Er, putting javascript: into the location bar to invoke the j.s. debugger
didn't work for me.  I ended up downloading Netscape's j.s.debugger v 1.1
from the net for testing.  Here seems to be the scenario:

Login into IMP, get the Inbox display, attempt a compose operation - works
fine, the Compose window comes up.  Then resize the browser window,
and try Compose again.  j.s. debugger throws up a window that says:

JavaScript Error
In https://webmail-qas.brown.edu/menu.php3?uniq=4523568583a071db3070bf
LINE 0

open_compose_win is not defined

There seems to be another problem as well:

Once the user selects a message from the inbox and is examining it,
a window resizing operations puts him back to the inbox.  No errors
of any sort are displayed.

With imp-2.2.3/horde/1.2.3/php-4.0.3/mysql-3.22/apache-1.3.9 on Solaris 8.

Thanks,

Nan D'Antuono