[imp] window resizing

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:32:21 -0500 (EST)

Quoting nan@frosting.cis.brown.edu:

> Er, putting javascript: into the location bar to invoke the j.s. debugger
> didn't work for me.  I ended up downloading Netscape's j.s.debugger v 1.1
> from the net for testing.  Here seems to be the scenario:

Err? What version of netscape? Anyway...

> Login into IMP, get the Inbox display, attempt a compose operation - works
> fine, the Compose window comes up.  Then resize the browser window,
> and try Compose again.  j.s. debugger throws up a window that says:
>
> JavaScript Error
> In https://webmail-qas.brown.edu/menu.php3?uniq=4523568583a071db3070bf
> LINE 0
>
> open_compose_win is not defined

Yup, this is netscape being stupid and there's nothing we can do about it. It's
in the list archives not so long ago.

> Once the user selects a message from the inbox and is examining it,
> a window resizing operations puts him back to the inbox.  No errors
> of any sort are displayed.

Probably just another netscape frame reload stupid. Not sure how we could fix
this, honestly - netscape is going back to the frameset that it has and
reloading each frame from it. The frameset it has says mailbox.php3, so...

Netscape just doesn't handle resizing non-cached pages very well.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues