[imp] user name change question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:00:23 -0500 (EST)

Quoting "John McCoy, Jr" <jmccoy@mills.edu>:

> By allowing users to change their full name and email address it makes it
> very easy to fake where an email is coming from, at least internally.
> Are there any plans to change this so I can let a user specify their hotmail
> account or something as the reply address but not allow them to mask them
> selves as well. Also can I pre-populate the mysql database with their full
> names, sense I have to lock out their ability to do so? Ah "users" are so
> much "fun" to police.

Yes, you can pre-populate the db, and not let users change what's there. Also,
you can add values to the headers (see config/header.txt) to identify users.

> Any plans for a global address book?

For 2.2? Use LDAP. Otherwise see many mailing list references to Turba.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues