[imp] Secure Compose "Navigation Cancelled" when I answer NO to the popup 'Secure and nonsecure

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:25:33 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Jeff Greenfield <jgreen@calvin.edu>:

> Actually, I'll take a look at it over the next few weeks, and if I can
> find a solution for you, I will let you know.

Great!

> Any direction (as you know the code better than I at this point) that
> you can point me in, or theories on what is causing it?  Otherwise I'll
> just dive in and take a crack at it...

Hmmm. Not a whole lot - there are minor differences in the javascript and the
URL that's generated, but they don't look significant, and I don't think there
are differences in the page itself that would do it, though I suppose there
might be.

> First question to try and narrow this problem down:  Is there a
> verified case of this happening in Imp 2.2.x with a real SSL certificate
> (I'm currently using a self-signed certificate, which who knows how IE
> might deal with it differently.)?

I just have a self-signed cert at this point...

> Secondly, has anyone observed this outside of Internet Explorer version
> 5.5?

Again, unfortunately, this is the only IE version I have to play with right now.

> and Third, has anyone observed this outside of the 2.2 codebase? - When
> you have all of the pop-ups turned on in 2.3, does it happen there at
> all?

No, I have not - 2.3 seems to be fine.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues