[imp] IMP basic questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:12:22 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Chad Lieberman <chad@dotsalud.com>:

> 1)  Has anyone had experience integrating IMP into a site which uses php's
> (php4) session management - at this point it would be far too difficult to
> convert  to using PHPLIB's sessions.  Are PHP's sessions going to conflict
> with the PHPLIB's sessions?  If so, is there a way around this (besides only
> using PHPLIB sessions)?

They shouldn't conflict. However, you might want to look into 2.3, as it uses
php4 sessions and if you need any inter-operability, would be a lot easier that
way.

> 2) Besides the obvious customization files (config.inc, menu, etc..) where
> should I begin looking for making a more customizable IMP.  I need to
> display the menu on a predesigned navigation bar (this is easy enough) but
> the main content must be framed on all sides.... Any suggestions would be
> appreciated...

Mmm... I'm not quite sure what you're after, but again I'd suggest looking into
2.3, as it doesn't use frames anymore, and so might be easier to work with.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues