mysql vs. postgres..

David Powicki dpowicki@oit.umass.edu
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:07:02 -0500

I have been running IMP 2.2.0 with Postgres in production for about 6
months now.  Other than the major annoyance of having to vacuum the
DB nightly (a task that takes in excess of  20 minutes on an E250 with 1
GB of ram and dual 300 CPUs) Postgres has worked very well.  Currently I
am getting a 2.2.3 version of IMP  up and running.  This time I plan to
use Mysql in order to avoid the need to Vacuum.    A few minutes ago
I reread the section of the FAQ concern which DB to use.

http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/prereq/index.php#p13

In that snippet of info there is mention that "MySQL tends to be faster
at the expense of robustness"  What does mean?  What kind  of problem
have people had?

Thanks for your time...

David