[imp] mysql vs. postgres..

David A Powicki dpowicki@oit.umass.edu
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:19:54 -0500 (EST)

It's 15:15 EST, I vacuum every morning at 04:00 and here is state of
things:

shell> ls -lat /usr/local/postgres/data/base/horde

-rw------- 1 postgres staff 38641664 Nov 8 15:15 active_sessions
-rw-------   1 postgres staff 66535424 Nov  8 15:15active_sessions_pkey
.
.
.
.

I'm looking at DB bloat of ~70MB per day.  This is created by ~4200
sessions per day.

I'm willing to consider that I have the DB setup incorrectly, because this
type of DB bloat seems attrociuos....

David