[imp] install problems with gdbm (or just general install problems)

Andrew Daviel andrew@andrew.triumf.ca
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:54:27 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Andrew Daviel <andrew@andrew.triumf.ca> wrote:
>
> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dbmopen() in
> > /usr/local/apache/php/ct_dbm.inc on line 27

> If you persevere and get DBM to work, I'd love to hear how... however, no
> one else (that I know of) is using DBM with Horde/IMP; the only thing I've

Well, I have gotten things to work, I think.
I posted it in bugzilla #529 for what it's worth.

For PHP 4 compiled with --with-gdbm, dbm has been superseded by dma;
so I need to use ct_dba.inc in PHPLIB prepend.php3 instead of ct_dbm.inc.
Also I need to use  "CT_Dba" in local.inc instead of "CT_DBM"
and need to change dba_open in PHPLIB ct_dba.inc to use mode
"c" instead of "w"  (GDBM_WRCREAT instead of GDBM_WRITER)

The test page horde/test.php3?mode=phplib-horde then works OK and
increments the session counter properly.

I was still getting some errors in IMP which went away when I reloaded
each frame. I'm not sure whether they were really still there or were an
artefact of having stuff cached. Anyhow, after editing php.ini to write
errors to a file instead of to stdout the problem seemed to clear up and
I didn't see the errors in the log, either.

Andrew